Top 7 Careers for Applied Food Studies Grads!
You love food—and value where it comes from, how it’s grown, and the policies that influence the future of global and local food sources. Consider these top seven careers when choosing to earn a degree in Applied Food Studies at the CIA.
1. Chef for a company that transforms school food:
Dan Giusti Founder of Brigaid
2. Work with farmers to bring their heirloom products to market and support agricultural biodiversity, sustainability, and independent farmers:
Ramona Neahapetian Office and Restaurant Accounts Manager at Masienda
3. Earn a master’s degree in environmental studies and sustainability:
Jiyong Park is at Seoul National University in the New Environmental and Sustainability master’s program
4. Develop innovative programming to reduce worldwide food waste:
Joel Gamoran host and executive producer of Scraps on the FYI network
5. Curate museum exhibits focused on food, its history, and its future:
Exhibit at the CIA’s Conrad N. Hilton Library
6. Become an educator with a focus on social justice and food insecurity:
Saru Jayaraman Co-Founder and Co-Director of the Restaurant Opportunities Centers United (ROC United) and Director of the Food Labor Research Center at UC Berkeley
7. Preserve the world’s fisheries :
Barton Seaver Director of the Sustainable Seafood and Health Initiative at the Center for Health and the Global Environment at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health