Tart Cherries in Bourbon
Makes about 4.5 to 5.5 cups
- 2 1/2 cups (about 1 pound) pitted tart cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 to 2 cups bourbon (enough to completely cover cherries in your jar or jars)
- Combine cherries and sugar in a bowl.
- Spoon the cherry mixture into a glass canning jar with a tight-fitting lid that is large enough to hold all of the cherries in the bottom half. You can also use smaller jars filled up halfway.
- Pour in enough bourbon to completely cover the cherries.
- Cover the jar or jars with the lids and place in the refrigerator.
- Allow the cherries to soak in the bourbon for about 6 weeks, and enjoy! Cherry Jamcherry jam