Roasted Red Pepper and Apricot Relish
We wait all winter anxious to savor the fresh flavors of summer’s harvest. It doesn’t get any better than delighting in fresh fruit and produce picked straight out of the garden or from local farm stands. With so much being harvested at once, you can’t help thinking how wonderful it would be if we were able to have some of summer’s bounty to enjoy in the dead of winter.
Roasted Red Pepper and Apricot Relish Recipe
Makes 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced red onions
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup minced roasted red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup minced dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, plus as needed
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 2 to 3 drops hot sauce, as needed
- Salt and pepper as needed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the oil and heat until the surface ripples. Add the onions and garlic and sauté, stirring frequently, until tender and translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the peppers, apricots, 1 tablespoon vinegar, and mustard; and sauté until the vinegar evaporates. Remove from heat. Season to taste with the hot sauce, additional vinegar, salt, and pepper. Add the parsley just before serving. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Nutrition Analysis per 1-ounce serving: 35 calories, 0g protein, 5g carbohydrate, 1.5g fat, 35mg sodium, 0mg cholesterol, less than 1g dietary fiber.