Potato Risotto Recipe
Serves 1–2 entrée, 3–4 sides
- 4 tablespoons, whole butter
- 1/2 cup, onion (small diced)
- 4 cups (3–4 whole potatoes), Russet potato (small diced)
- 1 clove, garlic (minced)
- 4 cups, chicken stock (heated)
- 1/4 cup, Parmesan Reggiano (grated)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Heat well-seasoned chicken stock and hold at just under a simmer until needed.
- In medium sauce pot (or large sauté pan) over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of whole butter. Add diced onions and season lightly with salt and pepper. Sweat for 3 to 4 minutes until tender and translucent, then add minced garlic. Sweat ingredients together until aromatic.
- Add diced potatoes to the pan (season lightly with salt and pepper). Cook potatoes for 2 to 3 minutes to start cooking process.
- Add 1 to 2 cups of heated stock, or enough to just cover the potatoes. Cook until majority of stock has been absorbed, then add another 1/2 to 1 cup of stock. Continue process until potatoes are tender (roughly 8 to 10 Minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Once stock becomes cloudy and thick, and the potatoes are tender, turn off heat and stir in remaining whole butter, vigorously. Once butter is incorporated, add Parmesan cheese. Taste for seasoning.
- Plate with additional Parmesan on top.