Loco Moco Egg Sandwich
Bring yourself back to the islands with this tasty play on a local classic. One bite into this sandwich will have you screaming Aloha and dancing some hula—it’s that good!
Servings: 2 sandwiches
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons neutral-flavored oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 eggs
- 2 brioche hamburger buns
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Season the ground beef with salt, pepper, and soy sauce. Portion into 2 burger patties.
- Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Once it starts to slightly smoke, add the patties. Sear on both sides until a crust forms on each side and is cooked to your liking. Remove patties to rest.
- Add flour into the skillet and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add beef broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and stir until thickened. Season with salt, pepper, and a dash of soy sauce.
- Cook eggs sunny side up. Season.
- Toast hamburgers buns.
- Place cooked burger patties on the bun bottoms.
- Add sunny side up eggs on top of each.
- Top eggs with the gravy and scallions.
- Finish with burger bun tops.