A Simple Scallop Recipe for Your Summer Pleasure
Enjoy a super-fancy but super-easy scallop dish at home! Impress your friends and family with this Michelin-starred-inspired recipe. This Summery dish is great for any date night, and definitely brings some finesse to the table.
- 1/2 pound large sea scallops, side muscle removed, sliced very thin crosswise
- 1 red Thai bird chile, thinly sliced
- Pea tendrils, as needed
- 1 watermelon radish, sliced paper-thin on mandoline
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 bunch cilantro leaves and stems, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, blanched, and shocked in ice water
- 1 cup light olive oil
- To make oil, squeeze all the water out of the cilantro. Put the dried cilantro in a blender with the oil and blend together. Adjust consistency with more oil if needed. Strain oil through a coffee filter or a few layers of cheesecloth and refrigerate.
- Mix together vinaigrette ingredients until homogenized.
- Place thinly sliced scallops on a plate, overlapping to form a large circle.
- Brush vinaigrette on top of scallops.
- Garnish with chiles, pea tendrils, and radish.
- Using a squeeze bottle, drop cilantro oil around the scallops.