Top 7 Careers for Applied Food Studies Grads!
You love food—and value where it comes from, how it’s grown, and the policies that influence the future of global and local food sources. Consider these top nine careers when choosing to earn a degree in Applied Food Studies at the CIA.
1. Chef for a company that transforms school food:
2. Work with farmers to bring their heirloom products to market and support agricultural biodiversity, sustainability, and independent farmers:
Ramona Neahapetian Office and Restaurant Accounts Manager at Masienda
3. Earn a master’s degree in environmental studies and sustainability:
4. Develop innovative programming to reduce worldwide food waste:
5. Curate museum exhibits focused on food, its history, and its future:
6. Become an educator with a focus on social justice and food insecurity:
Saru Jayaraman Co-Founder and Co-Director of the Restaurant Opportunities Centers United (ROC United) and Director of the Food Labor Research Center at UC Berkeley
7. Preserve the world’s fisheries :