Pizza Dough Recipe
Use this dough recipe to make CIA’s roasted vegetable pizza >
Yield: Makes 1 large pizza, serves 4 to 6
- 2 teaspoons or 1 package active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semolina flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Combine the yeast with the water in a bowl and stir to dissolve.
- Add the flours and the salt to the yeast and mix by hand with a wooden spoon, or in an electric mixer on medium speed using the dough hook, until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover, put in a warm place, and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 1½ hours. Gently fold the dough over and allow to rise a second time, about 45 minutes.
- Roll or stretch the dough into a 12-inch round for pizza.