3 Father’s Day Brunch Recipes
BACON AND GRUYÈRE QUICHE
What could be better than bacon? We have an answer for you – bacon and gruyère. This Quiche is a great and filling option. It’s also a crowd-pleaser that’s easy to pull off. To save some time, you can always make the egg mixture the day ahead and bake the morning of.
Makes 6 Servings
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Gruyère cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- One 9-inch pie crust, prebaked
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until golden, about 8 minutes. Remove and reserve.
- Combine the eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl and whisk until evenly blended. Stir the cheese, bacon, and reserved onion into the egg mixture. Spread the egg mixture evenly in the pie crust.
- Set the quiche on a baking sheet and bake until a knife blade inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. If the pie crust begins to over brown, cover the edges of the pie crust with strips of aluminum foil or pie shields. Remove the quiche from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Let the quiche rest at least 20 minutes before cutting. Serve hot, warm, or room temperature.
Father’s Day will be here before you know it, and it’s a great reason to show some extra appreciation to any special father figure in your life. Sometimes giving the gift of a meal means more and lasts longer than a more tangible one (but let’s be honest, those types of gifts are fun too). Here are three simple recipes that can easily pair with other additions or stand alone. Everybody likes to feel appreciated every now and then, preparing and sharing a meal together is a fun way to make it happen this weekend.